If you are an innovative and creative individual interested in expanding your skills and helping out local food initiatives we would love to hear from you! We are always looking for volunteer(s) interested in helping strengthen our social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, and our website. We are particularly interested in individuals with experience and/or interest in photography, film editing, and/or web design and a passion for collaborating on social justice, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The IRC Phoenix New Roots Program is a program dedicated to empowering newly-arrived refugees, asylees and other immigrant populations in and through agriculture. Our small team operates three growing sites and partners with three additional sites across the Phoenix area, assisting refugee business owners in starting their own small businesses through training programs and assistance. We serve the greater Phoenix community through providing a weekly CSA box and educating our community about the importance of investing in sustainable local food systems and small businesses.
- Take film and video of program classes, workshops and events and write short success stories highlighting different New Roots projects and clients
- Manage photo and video content on cloud storage (Box)
- Assist with management of the New Roots website, social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram using Hootsuite
- Design promotional program flyers
This volunteer will expand their expertise in the following:
· Marketing and outreach techniques to encourage community engagement
· Manage a successful online media presence
· Photo and film editing, graphic design
· Project management and digital communication tools on Microsoft Teams
To register as a volunteer please fill out an application at https://rescueglobal.secure.force.com/volunteer/. Once you fill out the application, email volunteerPHX@rescue.org to let us know you have filled out an application.